At Wandering Tree Estate there is never a dull moment. The trains keep on running through the winter just for you.
Come and see large G-scale model trains weave through frosty paths in the outdoor model garden railroad layout and then warm up inside with the model trains in the Harvey Silets Chicago Model Railroad Museum. After your self guided tour you are treated to a satisfying full course lunch with tea and coffee service. The owner of Wandering Tree Estate, Elaine Silets (a.ka. “The Train Lady”), will talk about her trains and gardens as well as answer your questions.
Dates: November and December
What To Expect:
- Get professional gardening tips from Elaine Silets, a.k.a “The Train Lady”
- Learn the history of Wandering Tree Estate
- Self guided tour of the outdoor Garden Model Railway (G-scale) and the indoor Harvey Silets Chicago Memorial Train Museum (O-scale)
- Full luncheon with tea and coffee service
- See the model train Christmas tree!
- …and more!